Hello all! Here is my pedagogical creed.
-I believe that being a teacher is one of the hardest job; oftentimes, teachers are blamed when the Education system fails to help some students or they are unapreciatted. However, part of this is due to the fact that many teachers fail to help their students appropiately. They do not put their best effort into teaching them. Still it, many teachers do incredible work and help their students in every way is possible.
- I believe that all teachers need to learn what it means to be a GOOD TEACHER in todays world.
- I believe that an important aspect of any good teacher is love: love to the teaching subject. If a teacher isn´t in love with what he or she teachs, he or she makes it hard for the student to care if they are not allready interested.
-I believe that one of the most important aspects is that all teachers should have patience.
- I believe that home enviroment is a elemental and fundamental element in pupil´s learning process, because from birth to the age of 18, children spent 90% of their time, more or less, under parent´s influency, so, working in a cooperative way with pupil´s parents is a key piece for teachers to contribute to a better education.
- I believe that the assigment and complexion of homework produce possitive effects on academic achivements. The effects are much better when teachers grade the work, individually or in a colective way. A key element of graded work is the teacher feedback, which contributes to maximazing the possitive impacts of pupil´s homework.
- I believe that students can learn cooperative and social skills by evaluating their own and other´s efforts.
- I believe that goals, contents, methodology, evaluation criteria...and any other curricular element should be well-linked accordinglly.
- I believe that many parents expect to see in classrooms the use of direct teaching, but , in the last decade moreover, teachers have tried to help students to make a " learn to learn" process.
- I believe that when teachers realte new ideas to the old ones, students connect them contributing to a better learning process.
- I believe thath the teaching of a subject within a specific context make students being interested and motivated because they are able to connect all their knowledge.
-I believe that the use of learning strategies helps student to achieve the explicit goals, therefore their learning process is strengthen and they gain more selfsteem.
- I believe that peer-tutoring is a good method for adapted instruction. It encourages effective learning not only in tutors but in tutees as well. This way, advanced students learn twice :1 they learn the subject. 2 they learn how to explain it.
- I believe that special planning, materials and procedures are key elements in mastering learning programms since mastery learning suits instruction to the needs of each students.
-I believe that cooperative learning is not an extended working method. I think it is the future method and teachers at the present should fight to change parents and students minds.
- I believe that in cooperative learning, teams depend not only in pupils characteristics, but in the different activities too.
- I believe that the number of members in cooperative learning method should be inversibilly proportional to tasks difficulty.
- I believe that cooperative learning increasses academic achievements, students learn how to work in groups, they learn how to valorate their peer work, they learn to accept some critics...
- I believe that teachers in cooperative learning act as facilitators, consultants and evaluators more than supervisors.
- I believe that all students need an adaptive education al least once in their leaning process. Therefore, time and opportunities to do this are crucial for implementation of adaptive education.
- I believe that skillfill proffesional management is required to integrate all aspects in the program.
- I believe that Education should be based on total inclussion righ of students with special education needs. They are part of the classroom. They are one studen more in the class.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario